who I am as an educator

Over 27 years ago I started my journey in education; with my stuffed animals, notebook and a pencil. While the days of playing school with my stuffed animals are long over, my desire to help others learn has never ended. Who I am and what I believe to be true as an educator can not be summed up in a few paragraphs, but the following is a short synopsis of what I believe to be true about education.

During my nine year tenure as an HS English teacher I had the joy of leading my students on a journey in developing a deep appreciation for literature and learning. I challenged my students to take risks in their reading, writing and speaking; many of my students grew in ways that they never thought possible. I knew that the lessons that they were learning in class (although challenging at times) would prepare them for their future. Although I am no longer in the classroom as a teacher, my role as an instructional coach in the classroom has prepared me for my new role as the Associate Principal at Caruso Middle School.

I am an educator who embodies what I encourage others to do: life long learning. My desire as an educational leader is to help my students and my colleagues reach their fullest potential. As an educator the past 11 years, I have had the opportunity to lead, be led and create leadership opportunities for my fellow colleagues. My belief is that all students should have the opportunity to experience a quality education so that they too are empowered, engaged and inspired to grow to their fullest potential!

I look forward to this new chapter in my life, and I invite you along to share in my journey.

Marktwainquote

**image courtesy of Pinterest!